Sunday 31 July 2016

London, Staffordshire and a new story.

London, what a place! I was 'treated' to my first tube station scrum this week, on I went with my family in front and half of Kensington behind all gently pushing me forward. I actually found it quite amusing but I'm sure that smile would disappear if I had to do it on a daily basis.
Kensington, now what can I say about Kensington? Well I thought the place was beautiful, the rows of Edwardian terraces were stunning and the small restaurants charming and very... London. Just a block away from the museums was handy, the Natural History museum a powerful statement of our planet's history. To be stood next to something that was far more powerful than I and roamed the earth so long along was a privilege to experience.
London has so many iconic buildings and statues that I could sit here writing for hours talking about, it still wouldn't do the place justice though. I'm one of those people who is starstruck when seeing a celebrity, I clam up and my mouth goes dry. I love to see someone live because when you've seen then on the telly so much and then there they are it's just fantastic to have a tangible specimen in the same room. It's exactly the same with a famous city for me.
Now Staffordshire is a different beast, for a start it's more sedate and much greener. Cheadle is a gorgeous little place and well worth a visit if you are nearby.
And so, I've finally started on another Legion book but I'm thinking at the minute that it should be a novella, short and swifter to the point. All I'm going to say at this point is...
                                                     CHERRIES.
Confused?
Thought so :-D
If you've read John Kane then you'll understand what Legion is all about but things are about to  get a little strange, the lines of clarity are going to become a little blurred as present day Legion shows its teeth.
Okay so, I'll leave you with that and I'll be back soon with a little more on the new story and I'll bid you a safe week.

P.W. Gill.

No comments:

Post a Comment